Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ok I confess I got a Bodybugg last year. Luckily been the cheap gal I am it didn't cost me a thing. I just sold them on Ebay and direct shipped them from 24 hour fitness. It was crazy people would spend that money, but it did allow me for a short time to make enough money to buy my own Bodybugg and Digital display. It came with its own 3 month free online service. You HAVE to use the online service for the Bodybugg to work. During the time I used the Bodybugg I did not lose any weight. I was also nursing a baby at the time so that was a factor. I did learn some things about the Bodybugg and I thought that I would share them with you. First let me tell you the Bodybugg straps to your arm and measures your bodyheat, motion up, down, forward and back. It also measures sweat *eww*. You have the option to have a digital display.

It gives you real time readings of your:

-Steps taken
-Moderate Activity Minutes
-Calories Burned-Trip Rate (like a car trip rate...imagine all the fun things you can see)


So after using this I found that some things burned a lot of calories and others not so much.
Days that are leisure and spent hanging out reading, watching tv, holding a tiny baby, computer time or any down time. Those days burned about 2000-2100 calories. Not too bad really but about the average for most adults.

Days that were spent busy...only sitting for meals and night time tv. Those days the calories burned were close to 2800-3000. During those days I was busy working in the garden, house or playing with the kids.

That's a huge difference between days and could of made a big difference in weight loss (had I not been so hungry from breastfeeding). The Bodybugg would measure moderate activity minutes. So a really brisk walk would up those minutes. So would moderate activities outside; raking leaves, pulling weeds, mowing lawn. So even though sometimes you can't get in actual exercise minutes if you can do some moderate activities they can really help.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

2 comments:

  1. So how much does the subscription cost? And how long is the contract?
    I think that getting the information to see what a more active day feels like compared to the lounge around day would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is $15 for a month or $99.00 per year. Its not 'that' bad. But the 3 month free trial gave me a lot of info. The Bodybuggs that they sell now are coming with 6 month free trials :)

    ReplyDelete